Our Curriculum Vision
At Sir Thomas Boughey Academy, we aim to ensure that all our students have the opportunity to reach their full potential through the provision of a broad and balanced curriculum delivered within a caring and supportive environment. The on-going professional development of all staff will ensure sustainability and assist in the creation of a culture of continued improvement where students strive to achieve at the highest level.
Sir Thomas Boughey offers a fully inclusive curriculum that effectively supports the needs of all students from entry in Yr7 to the point they leave the Academy in Year 11 to pursue post 16 qualifications.
Sir Thomas Boughey offers clear CEIAG support throughout Key Stage 3 & Key Stage 4 to ensure that students are guided onto appropriate qualification pathways for post 16 success.
Sir Thomas Boughey provides a rich Personal Development programme through identified focus and drop down days as well as form time and year group/cohort assemblies.
The curriculum aims to:
- Provide opportunities for all students to learn and achieve their best
- Maximise progress and attainment for all
- Encourages students to enjoy & achieve
- Focuses on the knowledge and understanding, skills, attitudes and attributes, which develop well balanced individuals
- Helps students to prepare for their economic well-being and encourages them to be participants in independent lifelong learning
- Encourages equality of opportunity for all, whilst recognising differences and celebrating individuality
- Promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- Prepare students for future opportunities, responsibilities and experiences
- To make a positive contribution to the school and wider community
Our curriculum delivery is supported by:
- Student progress meetings
- Personal Development curriculum and pastoral year teams
- Enrichment programme
- Assertive mentoring programme
- External agencies
- External educational and enrichment visits
Key Stage 3 Curriculum
Key Stage 4 Curriculum