We will be sending out regular communications through our website, Facebook and through the School Gateway app during the period of closure. Please ensure to keep updated with the latest news regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
To contact us, during the school closure – please e-mail us on COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org and we can direct your query to the relevant person.
WORKING/LEARNING FROM HOME?
Please go to the Log-in Links page, which will provide you access to Teams, Office365, Remote Desktop etc.
There are also some help guides at the bottom of the Log-in Links page.
STUDENTS REQUIRING ICT SUPPORT FOR HOME LEARNING
We are offering support for students when working from home. Email the dedicated student support helpdesk – StudentHelpDesk@uetrust.org
All of our students can download a copy of Office365 from home, see https://t.co/AFMnGBpbaM?amp=1
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
All students that are on free school meals will still be entitled to a food parcel, which can be delivered direct from Freshview. To enquire about this, please e-mail COVIDemail@example.com
CHILDREN OF KEY WORKERS
As per the government advice, the school is open for students such as those who are classed as vulnerable, are looked after children, or who’s parents work in one of the roles defined as “Key workers” by the government. Please note that if there is provision for the students to stay at home, then they should.
If you would like to get in touch regarding this, please e-mail us on COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
CAREERS GUIDANCE DURING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Whilst open days and face to face interviews will not be taking place for the foreseeable future, colleges and providers have assured us that applications for September are still being accepted and processed. Interviews will take place remotely. Please be aware that due to the current circumstances the processing of applications may take longer than usual. If you have any concerns over your/your child’s application for courses or training in September please contact Miss Carter at email@example.com and she will be happy to help.
Updates from the academy
- Message from the Principal Good morning, We hope everyone is safe and well. Well done to everyone who has been completing the work set and returning it to your teachers – we have been incredibly impressed with your work! You really are showing great resilience, independence and determination. We also want to make sure you all remember the importance of looking after ...
- BEWARE: COVID-19 Free school meals scam. It has been brought to our attention that there are some scam emails circulating which state: ‘As schools will be closing, if you’re entitled to free school meals, please send your bank details and we’ll make sure you’re supported’. We urge parents that receive any emails like this, not to respond, and to delete them immediately. Stay safe.
- Careers Guidance During COVID 19 Restrictions Whilst open days and face to face interviews will not be taking place for the foreseeable future, colleges and providers have assured us that applications for September are still being accepted and processed. Interviews will take place remotely. Please be aware that due to the current circumstances the processing of applications may take longer than ...
- COVID-19 Home-study update COVID-19 Home-study update
- Work Experience Cancelled Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have made the decision to cancel work experience for this year. I’m sure you will appreciate that this is for the safety of students and employers alike. We have done our best to contact all placements to let them know that students will not be coming.
- Year 11 Examinations 2020 – COVID-19 update Year 11 Examinations 2020 - COVID-19 update
- Helplines for students Helplines for students
- Helplines for parents Helplines for parents
- Message from the Principal As we are in the unprecedented situation of having to close our doors to the vast majority of our students today until further notice, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families all the best over the coming weeks / months. It’s at times like this when a community shows its ...
- Guidance for schools, colleges and local authorities on maintaining educational provision Further to the letter communicated yesterday, the government have now released their list of key workers. A letter has also been sent out today to parents/carers regarding this – here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision
- Government Key Worker Communication Government Key Worker Communication
- Parent Guide for Students Working from Home Parent Guide for Students Working from Home
- COVID-19 School Closure COVID-19 School Closure
- GCSE Pod for Year 10 and 11 GCSE Pod for Year 10 and 11
- Letter for Year 11 – COVID-19 school closure Letter for Year 11 - COVID-19 school closure
- School Closure – COVID-19 School Closure - COVID-19
- Bulletin – 12/03/2020 Bulletin - 12/03/2020
- DfE – COVID-19 Guidance The Department for Education (DfE) have asked schools to promote their helpline and website in social media, newsletters and bulletins: The Department for Education has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows: Phone: 0800 046 8687 Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org Opening hours: 8am to 6pm ...