COVID POLICIES & DOCUMENTATION
- Sir Thomas Boughey Academy Position Statement
- COVID-19 Guidance to UET Academies
- Sir Thomas Boughey Academy Risk Assessment – COVID-19
- Staffordshire County Council Risk Assessment Checklist – UET – COVID-19
- Joint Union Checklist – UET – COVID-19
- Equality Impact Assessment – UET – COVID-19
- COVID-19 Attendance Policy
- COVID-19 Behaviour Policy
- COVID-19 Safeguarding Policy (May 2020)
- COVID-19 Teaching, Learning & Assessment Policy
- COVID-19 Lockdown Policy
We will be sending out regular communications through our website, Facebook and through the School Gateway app during the period of closure. Please ensure to keep updated with the latest news regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
To contact us, during the school closure – please e-mail us on COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org and we can direct your query to the relevant person.
During the school closure we still have a duty to safeguard all pupils. If parents wish to report a safeguarding concern, they can email our designated safeguarding lead: email@example.com
SECURING YOUR HOME INTERNET
There are also some help guides at the bottom of the Log-in Links page.
Please also see this letter from our Principal which outlines what is expected during the school closure.
STUDENTS REQUIRING ICT SUPPORT FOR HOME LEARNING
We are offering support for students when working from home. Email the dedicated student support helpdesk – StudentHelpDesk@uetrust.org
All of our students can download a copy of Office365 from home, see https://t.co/AFMnGBpbaM?amp=1
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
All students that are on free school meals will still be entitled to a food parcel. To enquire about this, please e-mail COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
CHILDREN OF KEY WORKERS
As per the government advice, the school is open for students such as those who are classed as vulnerable, are looked after children, or who’s parents work in one of the roles defined as “Key workers” by the government. Please note that if there is provision for the students to stay at home, then they should.
If you would like to get in touch regarding this, please e-mail us on COVIDemail@example.com
CAREERS GUIDANCE DURING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Whilst open days and face to face interviews will not be taking place for the foreseeable future, colleges and providers have assured us that applications for September are still being accepted and processed. Interviews will take place remotely. Please be aware that due to the current circumstances the processing of applications may take longer than usual. If you have any concerns over your/your child’s application for courses or training in September please contact Miss Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be happy to help.
WORD OF THE DAY
During the school closure, our English department are running a “Word of the day”.
While there are many dictionary sites that provide a “Word of The Day” listing, they often include obscure words that would never be used in a typical conversation, email, or letter. Our WOD introduces our students to vocabulary that they will meet on their learning journey at STBA. Please support us in helping to grow student vocabulary and confidence by spending time discussing the WOD and trying to use it in context.
Our latest Word of the day:
Updates from the academy
- Autumn Term Information Letter to parents/carers View here Key points for parents/carers View here Plan of rooms for each year group View here
- Staffordshire Reset & Recovery: Transport to School Staffordshire Reset & Recovery: Transport to School
- End of Term Letter Letter End of Term Summer 2020
- Have a great Summer and stay safe. We will see you in September. Have a great Summer and stay safe. We will see you in September.
- The New School Day in September 2020 School Day Letter Final Philip White Cabinet Member for Learning and Employability Councillor for Dove Division 2 Staffordshire Place Tipping Street, Stafford ST16 2DH Website: www.staffordshire.gov.uk My Ref: PW/TK 036 Your Ref: Date: 26 June 2020 Dear Parent / Carer Wider opening of schools – open letter to parents and carers This month, all schools in Staffordshire opened to even more pupils. Every headteacher has put ...
- SCC – Open letter to Schools SCC - Open letter to Schools
- Speakers4Schools Virtual Talks Speakers4Schools have another set of talks from professionals for next week. This time these include a Historian, an animator and a barrister. WEEK STARTING MONDAY 15TH JUNE 2020 Mon 15th June 10am Baroness Lola Young, Independent Life Peer & Consultant Baroness Lola Young is joining SFS to share her life lessons and advice with a KS3/S1-3 audience and to ...
- School Tour In preparation for wider reopening to Year 10 students on Tuesday 16th June, Mrs Hingley has put together a video tour of what to expect when arriving on site.
- Universities virtual open days Students considering going to university may be interested in attending a virtual open day. This is an opportunity for students from any year group to have a look at university campuses, facilities and courses to help them make an informed decision about university. Upcoming virtual events are: Chester University – Friday 12th June & Saturday 13th ...
- Library lockdown quizzes! Don’t forget to take part in the library lockdown quizzes. These will be emailed to tutor groups by our librarian, Ms Dele-Fane. Those who score the highest points in the fastest time will receive an Amazon voucher! For an up to date list of library quizzes, please see the school’s library page here.
- A message to our students A message to our students
- Staffordshire & Stoke Virtual School Games – Tennis Competitions
- LIVE Lessons from STB A student guide to Teams Meetings Using Teams – The Marking and Feedback Loop
- Notice to parents – Social distancing outside of school As you will be aware, over the last few weeks, we have been very busy preparing the site to offer some face-to-face support to Year 10 students. The safety of our students and staff is our absolute priority, which is why we have followed all government guidance to the letter and have even introduced additional ...
- Hegarty Heroes for Last Half Term
- A message from staff to our students A message from staff to our students
- POSTPONED Provision for Year 10 Students until further notice Unfortunately due to the recent government update we will have to postpone the planned provision for Year 10 students until further notice. Students will not be in school week commencing 1st June. We will provide you with an update as soon as possible.
- Student provision after May half term Student provision after May half term
- Staffordshire County Council Open Letter to Parents regarding School Provision Staffordshire County Council Open Letter to Parents regarding School Provision
- Bulletin 21/05/2020 Bulletin 21/05/2020
- Latest Free School Meal Update for NRPF students. Latest Free School Meal Update for NRPF students.
- Be aware of scam emails relating to Free School Meals ❗️❗️ Be aware of scam emails ❗️❗️ We have been informed that some parents have received an email stating the following: ‘As schools will be closing, if you’re entitled to free school meals, please send your bank details and we’ll make sure you’re supported’. We can confirm that this is a scam email and is not official. ...
- A message to students from our staff (Click the photo to enlarge)
- Bulletin – 14/05/2020 Bulletin - 14/05/2020
- Leavers Hoodies 2020 update Leavers Hoodies 2020 update
- Reaseheath College update for Year 11 Students Please see the latest update from Reaseheath College for year 11 students. If you require any assistance with applications or would like an update on an existing application please contact Miss Carter at email@example.com YEAR 11 STUDENTS Students who haven’t applied We are still accepting applications, this can be done via our online application form. All interviews will ...
- A message to students from our staff (Click the photo to enlarge)
- COVID-19 Home learning update COVID-19 Home learning update
- Bulletin – 06/05/2020 Bulletin - 06/05/2020
- Adolescent wellbeing survey during the COVID-19 lockdown Sir Thomas Boughey Academy has been asked to participate in a study looking at adolescent wellbeing during the COVID-19 lockdown. The details and links are below should you wish to take part. Mrs Robbins – Safeguarding Lead The University of Birmingham is doing an online questionnaire study looking at adolescent wellbeing and physical activity during the Coronavirus. They ...
- A message to students from our staff (Click the photo to enlarge)
- Production of PPE visors at Sir Thomas Boughey Academy The demand for PPE equipment, in particular visors, was high in our local community following the Facebook post. As a team, the Technology Faculty teamed up with Peter Jones form Model and Scenic Solutions, a local Bignall End based business who have been making visors. Together we have made and delivered 1,075 visors to front ...
- Bulletin – 30/04/2020 Bulletin - 30/04/2020
- Message to students from our staff
- Supporting children’s mental health during COVID-19 closure You can find the latest DfE Covid-19 guidance on supporting children and young people’s mental health during this challenging period, and also a useful fact sheet for parents produced by the NSPCC below: DfE guidance – Supporting children’s mental health COVID-19 Factsheet for Parents – NSPCC
- Competition for students: Develop a marketing plan Digital marketing company Dentsu Aegis have launched an online competition for students to take part in at home. This is aimed at year 10 students but other year groups are free to take part. The aim is to create a marketing brief aimed at engaging young adults in the work of the World Wildlife Fund. Dentsu have ...
- Free School Meals – latest information Free School Meals - latest information
- Know an organisation that still requires PPE? We would like to thank everyone for getting in touch with contact details for the supply of PPE. We have had an overwhelming response and have been able to borrow more sewing machines (thank you to members of the local community for supporting with this) to try to meet demand. We will do our best ...
- Stoke-On-Trent college virtual open event Stoke On Trent College are delighted to let you know that in place of their Open Event on the 6th May, they will be holding virtual sessions for Year 11s to access. These sessions will be ran by our Heads of Learning who will introduce their subject areas and explain how the courses are ran at ...
- Welcome to Summer Term 2020 Welcome to Summer Term 2020
- Year 11 work after Easter Year 11 work after Easter
- Leavers Hoodies 2020 Leavers Hoodies 2020
- Free audio books available from World Book Day website At World Book Day’s World of Stories, you can listen to audiobooks of your favourite books. Bring storytime to life, with a reading of the picture book What the Ladybird Heard. Young readers can hear their favourite tales, including The Truth Pixie by Matt Haig, and The 13-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton. Discover classics such as The Jungle Book in the fiction category, ...
- Ofqual update: Year 11 GCSEs Letter to students from OfQual Letter to parents/carers from the Principal
- Message from the Principal Good morning, We hope you are all well and are managing to find the right balance of working and spending time as a family. It is such a challenge for us all and we really empathise. After two weeks, it’s fair to say that we’re all still very much in the early stages of this new ...
- Year 6 Transition As we are currently unable to plan any activities within school, we thought it would be a good idea to get in touch with all Year 6 students who will be joining us in September and set them a few little challenges to do. These are not compulsory; this is just our way of letting you ...
- Message from the Principal Good morning, We hope everyone is safe and well. Well done to everyone who has been completing the work set and returning it to your teachers – we have been incredibly impressed with your work! You really are showing great resilience, independence and determination. We also want to make sure you all remember the importance of looking after ...
- BEWARE: COVID-19 Free school meals scam. It has been brought to our attention that there are some scam emails circulating which state: ‘As schools will be closing, if you’re entitled to free school meals, please send your bank details and we’ll make sure you’re supported’. We urge parents that receive any emails like this, not to respond, and to delete them immediately. Stay safe.
- Careers Guidance During COVID 19 Restrictions Whilst open days and face to face interviews will not be taking place for the foreseeable future, colleges and providers have assured us that applications for September are still being accepted and processed. Interviews will take place remotely. Please be aware that due to the current circumstances the processing of applications may take longer than ...
- COVID-19 Home-study update COVID-19 Home-study update
- Work Experience Cancelled Due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have made the decision to cancel work experience for this year. I’m sure you will appreciate that this is for the safety of students and employers alike. We have done our best to contact all placements to let them know that students will not be coming.
- Year 11 Examinations 2020 – COVID-19 update Year 11 Examinations 2020 - COVID-19 update
- Helplines for students Helplines for students
- Helplines for parents Helplines for parents
- Message from the Principal As we are in the unprecedented situation of having to close our doors to the vast majority of our students today until further notice, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families all the best over the coming weeks / months. It’s at times like this when a community shows its ...
- Guidance for schools, colleges and local authorities on maintaining educational provision Further to the letter communicated yesterday, the government have now released their list of key workers. A letter has also been sent out today to parents/carers regarding this – here. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision
- Government Key Worker Communication Government Key Worker Communication
- Parent Guide for Students Working from Home Parent Guide for Students Working from Home
- COVID-19 School Closure COVID-19 School Closure
- GCSE Pod for Year 10 and 11 GCSE Pod for Year 10 and 11
- Letter for Year 11 – COVID-19 school closure Letter for Year 11 - COVID-19 school closure
- School Closure – COVID-19 School Closure - COVID-19
- Bulletin – 12/03/2020 Bulletin - 12/03/2020
- DfE – COVID-19 Guidance The Department for Education (DfE) have asked schools to promote their helpline and website in social media, newsletters and bulletins: The Department for Education has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows: Phone: 0800 046 8687 Email: DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org Opening hours: 8am to 6pm ...