We are fortunate in having a very good library at the school. All pupils are encouraged to make good use of the facilities.
- Before and after school: 8.30 – 8.50 and 15.30 – 16.00 Monday – Thursday
- Every day at Break & Lunchtime
What Facilities do We Have?
- Large well equipped library
- 4 seat ‘Open Learning Centre’ for personal computer based research.
- Extensive non fiction collection. These are linked into our curriculum to support students with their studies.
All our collections are managed with a computer based system.
Pupils are issued with an electronic library card which they will need to borrow books or use the computers in the OLC. It is also used for printing and they will only be issued with one card throughout their time at STB. Please be aware that if loss or damage occurs to them and they require a replacement there will be a charge of £1.50.
Can I donate books to the library?
We are always happy to receive donations, we can never keep pace with demand!
What support is in place to positively encourage my child to read?
We use the Accelerated Reader (AR) Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) to encourage reading at their correct level, looking ahead to making progress. There are various activities that are linked to AR in school as well as HOME CONNECT, where you will be informed of your child’s progress via email after you have signed up.
We also offer small reading groups for all with a voracious appetite for books!
Latest updates from STB Library
- Win £5000 of National Book Tokens for the School Library
- Your Library Service in March
- World Book Day 2021
- Bookbuzz letter to Year 7 & 8 parents
- Final library lockdown quiz winners
Books @ Boughey
‘NEW IN’ we now have a review page called Books @ Boughey. Books can be nominated, reviews written and favourite authors listed, they can even write a Blog, called Books @ Boughey. Just click here to find out more…