Apprenticeships & T Levels
- Total People Engineering Talks – Brian Taylor, Engineering Apprenticeship Assessor with Total People, spoke to pupils about engineering, how apprenticeships work and the apprenticeships available in other sectors (Year 10 and 11 pupils)
- Childcare Apprenticeships talks – Y10 and 11 pupils were given an insight into the opportunities available in childcare and how to apply for a childcare apprenticeship.
- National Apprenticeship Service assembly (Year 11)
- Key Stage 5 Evening – Y9 & 10 pupils will be able to meet colleges and apprentice providers to discuss their post 16 options.
- Careers interview – all Y11 pupils will be given a careers interview starting in the Autumn term
Skills Workshops & Competitions
- Leaders of the future – an event held by Stoke on Trent College for Head Boys and Head Girls. Pupils look at leadership skills through an interactive workshop.
- Rise Up Project – Year 9 pupils took part in a digital media project in which they created an advertising campaign designed to help solve a social issue. Five pupils were shortlisted to win this competition and travelled to Channel 4 studios in London to present their idea.
- National Citizenship Service assembly (Year 11). Pupils were given an assembly on an amazing opportunity for the coming summer.
- Orwell Youth Prize – a writing competition attended by Y11 pupils, aimed at budding writers.
- Employability skills workshop – Y10 and 10 pupils to take part in a workshop with the Davies Group focusing on CV writing and interview skills.
- Nu Futures – Y10 pupils will be working on employability skills.
- Mock Interview Evening – an opportunity for Y11 to practice their interview techniques.
Further & Higher Education
- Talk from Gareth Hughes of Newcastle College – Gareth spoke to Year 11 pupils about how to make the best of their remaining time in school and get the best results in their GCSEs.
- Drop in sessions from Stoke on Trent College. Stoke on Trent College held a weekly stall in the library and were available to talk to pupils of any year group about the courses on offer.
Employers & Experienced Professionals
- Volunteer it Yourself – a construction project where pupils learn about construction tools and techniques and build memory boxes for the local nursing home (y8, 9 & 10 pupils).
- Visit from Staff Sargent John Muir – pupils from years 10 and 11 interested in a career in the military were given information on army life, entry requirements, fitness, army jobs and army pay.
- Twilight Science Lecture – Y10 and 11 pupils watched a fascinating lecture on microscopes via live stream as a part of South Cheshire College’s Twilight Science lecture event.
- Success talk for boys – This was given by members of the Davies Group – a locally based company with whom the school is working in partnership (Y7, 8, 9 and 10 pupils).
- International basketball player and coach Shawn Jamieson to talk to GCSE pupils about sports and coaching careers.
- Work experience – all Y10 pupils complete 2 weeks work experience during the summer term.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths
Sport, Fitness, Playwork and Outdoors
Websites about study options after Year 11