Music is an integral part of school life at Sir Thomas Boughey Academy. We have a team of highly qualified and experienced teachers who visit the school each week to teach their specialism. Many of our teachers are also professional musicians.
Lessons are available on piano, keyboard, guitar, woodwind, strings, brass, drums and vocals. The opportunity to take externally assessed qualifications are also available and, although not compulsory, offer your child the chance to achieve an internationally recognised qualification. The higher exam grades (6-8) also earn UCAS points towards university entry. Click on the links to see the music awards our students have achieved.
Learning a musical instrument at STBA is a rewarding extra-curricular activity – it also looks great on a CV or college/job application! Students demonstrate a commitment to learning, build their confidence and most of all, have fun. If you would like your child to have lessons at STBA, please contact the teachers directly:
Minda Critchlow (Piano/Keyboard): email@example.com
Mrs Candlin (Woodwind/Strings): firstname.lastname@example.org
Jay (Guitar/Bass Guitar/Ukelele): email@example.com
Nicola Howell (Vocals): firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Renwick, Hannah Nevins (Drums/Brass): https://entrust.education/Services/2834
If you have any further questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Ryan: Pre-Grade Piano – Distinction
- Lewis: Pre-Grade Piano – Distinction
- Sam: Pre-Grade Piano – Distinction
- Isobel: Pre-Grade Piano – Distinction
- Lucas: Grade 1 Keyboard – Distinction
- James: Grade 1 Piano – Distinction
- Mackenzie: Grade 1 Keyboard – Merit
- James: Grade 1 Theory – Distinction
- Euan: Grade 1 Piano – Distinction
- Lucas: Grade 1 Theory – Distinction
- Dahliah: Pre-Grade Piano – Distinction
- George: Pre-Grade Piano – Merit