Data Protection & Freedom of Information

We, Sir Thomas Boughey are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information from you, and may receive information about you from your previous school.

We hold this personal data and use it to:

  • Support your teaching and learning
  • Monitor and report on your progress
  • Provide appropriate pastoral care
  • Assess how well your school is doing

This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, characteristics such as ethnic group, special educational needs and any relevant medical information.

  • We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules permit it.
  • We are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority (LA), and the Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF).
  • If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you then please contact the school.
  • If you require more information about how the LA and/or DCSF store and use this data please go to the following websites:

If you are unable to access these websites and need a hard copy, please contact the LA or the DCSF as follows:

  • Data Protection Officer, Staffordshire County Council, Information Governance Unit, 1 A Bailey Street, Stafford ST17 4BG
  • Public Communications Unit, Department for Children, Schools and Families, Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BT

Connexions Services

Once the child is aged 13 or over we are required to pass on certain information to the Connexions services. Connexions is the government’s information and advice service for all young people aged 13 to 19 in England.

We must provide both the child’s and their parent/s’ name/s and address/es, and any further information relevant to the Connexions services’ role.

However, the child (if they are over 16) or their parents can ask that no information beyond name and address be passed to Connexions. Please inform the school if you wish to opt-out of this arrangement. For more information about Connexions, please contact the Local Authority as shown above.