Our main reception is open from 8:00 till 16:00 on school days. Our main receptionist is Mrs Cox; Mrs Hewitt also covers reception and they will both deal with any queries in person or over the phone. Outside these hours you can leave an answerphone message, which will be picked up the next working day.
Sir Thomas Boughey Academy, Station Road, Halmer End, Stoke On Trent, ST7 8AP
Telephone: 01782 729400
If the email is for a particular department or person please put their name in the subject area and it will be forwarded on.
Chair of Governors
Mrs D Wilcox (Contact via Clerk to the Governors Mrs M Tierney firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mr O’Connor email@example.com
Data Protection Officer
Mrs S Dutton-Johnson DPO@uetrust.org
Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs T Robbins T.Robbins@stb.academy
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs N Bailey N.Bailey@stb.academy
Trust Safeguarding and Compliance Officer Mrs L Newton Lois.Newton@newcastle.academy
If you have a serious concern about the safety of a child or young person up to the age of 18, and feel that they may be at risk of being harmed or has come to harm, please contact the First Response Service immediately on 0800 1313 126.
Our school is situated in the small village of Halmer End within the parish of Audley, near Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffordshire. The centre of Newcastle is about 10 minutes away by car. We are about 10 mins from junction 16 of the M6.
Bus routes operate to the school from Newcastle Bus station via:
- Chesterton and Audley
- Knutton and Silverdale
Both Stoke and Crewe railway stations are about 20 mins from the school.
By car from the M6 (about 5 mins from the M6):
Leave junction 16 of the M6 and travel along the A500 towards Stoke. At the first exit turn right (signposted Audley). At the mini roundabout turn left. Turn right by the Boughey Arms. Pass through the village of Audley. Pass over an old railway bridge and turn right. The school is on the left.
By car from Newcastle Under Lyme (about 8 mins):
Going round the town inner ring road anti-clockwise, take the B5367 (near to Sainsburys). Pass through the village of Knutton and continue until you reach the village of Halmer End. The school is on the right at the bottom of the hill in the centre of the village.
By car from Waterhays, Silverdale, Chesterton and Wolstanton. (about 10mins)
If travelling from Waterhays or Chesterton follow the Audley Road, turn left onto Bignal End, over Boon Hill. Turn left into Miles Green Village and right into Station Road. From Silverdale either travel through Knutton or take the road through Scot Hay.
Our Mission Statement
Our Moral Purpose – What we are here for
- To make a positive difference to our children and our community by providing the best possible education that will improve, enrich and enhance the lives of our students.
Our Vision – What we want to achieve
- To deliver an inspiring school to our children and our community where creativity, resilience and excellence are found in every lesson.
- To foster a safe and happy place for all children and staff.
- To develop a history and culture to be proud of.
Our Values – We have a common purpose (INSPIRE)
- Inclusion and respect: We are all part of the STB community.
- Nurture aspiration and ambition: We believe we can achieve anything and we have high expectations of ourselves.
- Support and care: We look after each other and bring out the best in each other.
- Presentation and appearance: We take pride in how we dress and how we talk to others at all times.
- Independence and individuality: We celebrate individuality and promote independence.
- Resilience and determination: We work hard and never give up.
- Equality and acceptance: We encourage everyone to contribute positively to our school.
- If you wish to raise a complaint with the school, please contact Mrs Bailey.
Arrangements for handling complaints from parents of children with special educational needs, regarding the support provided by the school.
- If you are not happy with the provision made for your child, please contact the SENCo Mr O’Connor.
- If you are not satisfied that your complaint has been addressed then please speak to Miss Wainwright – Assistant Principal.
- If you do not feel that the issues have been resolved, please follow our formal complaints procedure as outlined in the Complaints Procedure Policy.